Health and safety in the workplace is to ensure, as far as possible, the safety of workers.
Workers are not just the people you directly employ but anyone who’s working on your site, including contractors.
To properly manage the health & safety issues that relate to all the workers at your workplace you’re going need an efficient method of synchronising and linking all the issues to all the workers affected.
Some examples would be;
- training sessions linked to each worker
- a history of incidents involving a worker
- a history of hazards a worker has reported
- documents relating to any number of issues relating to a worker
- jobs that are carried out by a worker
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) involving the worker