Many health and safety issues in the workplace are related to chemicals and hazardous goods.
To properly manage the health & safety issues that relate to the storage and use of chemicals at your workplace you’re going need an efficient method of synchronising and linking all the issues to all the chemicals affected.
Some examples would be;
- ensuring Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) are up to date
- an easy to locate SDS when using a chemical
- accessible Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- a history of incidents involving the chemical
- risk assessments where a chemical poses a possible hazard risk to users and others
- audit history of safety and S.O.P.s checks
- a history of hazards reported
- documents relating to any number of issues relating to a chemical
- jobs that are carried out using the chemical
- Usage log where it’s a requirement that the usage be recorded
- Health log where it’s a requirement that the the health of users is recorded
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) involving the use of a chemical